- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick pray OR use paper muffin liners
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, adding only a little dry at a time, until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter. (I like to use an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (at 400º)
Makes 28 muffins.
Nutritional info: Calories: 172, Carbs: 23g, Fat: 6g, Protein: 3g, Sugar: 15g, Fiber: 2g
If you would like to leave out the chocolate chips (even though dark chocolate is really good for you, for realsys) go ahead, it’s still delicious either way!
Note: I would like to try to make these whole wheat, I would actually do it now, but I am out of whole wheat flour :-/ once I get whole wheat flour, I will let you guys know :-D