Since everyone and their mother is doing this…
Why/how did you begin your journey in health and fitness?
I was about 90 lbs overweight. I had trouble looking at myself in the mirror. Being almost 6’ tall, I had trouble finding clothes too…I didn’t like being winded all the time…I wanted to be healthy, I was sick of being a lump.
What are your goals?
To lose another 60 lbs (90 lbs in total).
What is your goal weight (if you have one)?
To be 185 lbs and see how I feel (remember my height…)
What are your plans once you get to your goal weight?
Maintaining and making my life about healthy living…and having a baby.
What is one thing you have tried that you thought you would HATE, but loved?
Exercising. Avocados. Ratatouille. Red Bell Pepper, Basil & Red onions on Pizza. Hummus. Sweet Potato Fries. Chocolate-Zucchini Cake. Fish tacos. Grilled Asparagus.
So…. a lot.
What is one thing you tried that you did hate and why?
Ummm *blanking* ginger ale? But I’ve never liked that (I was sick to my stomach…I don’t drink soda)
What is your favorite exercise?
Right now walking…but soon to be replaced with running…Cause I’ll be under 250 biiiitttttccccchhhhheeeeezzzz :-P
Do you have a workout buddy?
Kinda my husband…but if I don’t want to I get an “ok baby, just take it easy” so… I basically have to push myself..
What is one of your favorite meals you have come across?
Pizza. Turkey Burger w/grilled onions & sweet potato fries. Grilled Salmon with grilled asparagus.
What is one of the worst meals you have come across?
Breakfast at disguising greasy spoon…
Do you use myplate or something like it? How are you liking it?
I use Sparkpeople.
Why did you decide to blog about your journey?
To be accountable. To post recipes. To be accountable. To have people to talk to about weight loss….who aren’t related….
What are some of your workout tunes?
I actually tend to watch Buffy when I work out….But if I do listen to music. It has to have a beat. Like The Black-Eyed Peas, or Fergie, or Lady Gaga
Who are your favorite health/fitness bloggers (doesn’t have to be tumblr)?
EnoughFluff, Milfitude, BigGirlNoMore, Shrink-Wrap, TheRoadtoSlimCity, FasterStronger, MyOwnBody, Sarahs-Weight-Loss, MyCollectionOfSkins, InsideMeLookingOut, TexasmyWay (whom I miss so!), BukuBuffalo, ContinouslyWaiting, FitAmbition, LetsLoseIt, FromBridgetToCarrie, WeightLossIsMyGoal, One-Twenty-Five, Pete-Losing-It (can I say my husband?)
Tell me a few things not related about you.
- I’m 23, 24 in November
- I love to cook (you all knew that though)
- I want to learn more about nutrition and start teaching it to little kids
- I am a graphic designer. And web designer. Basically self-taught
- I’m still in college…I only have time to take 2 classes a semester since I work full time.
- Music used to me my life.
- I have wanted to steal my cousin’s kids on more then one occasion
- I used to be a really mean and spiteful person….no, I’m serious, I was.
- I don’t have many friends *shrug* but the very few I have I would do ANYTHING for.
- I have been really hurt by friends more times then I would like to think about.
- I like to make things…like craft things…mainly with tissue paper. Like I once recovered a paper dress-up trunk and made it look like a beautiful princess’s trunk. I also make coasters out of old CDs, cork & paper.