If you taste this mixture, you will have a hard time not eating it raw, it tastes exactly like pumpkin pie!
- 1 1/2 cups (plus 2 tablespoons) Pancake Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- 1/3 cup Milk (I used 1% milk)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
(Usually dark vs. light brown sugar isn’t important, it is here)
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (I used Perrier)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pancake mix, cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, canned pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla & brown sugar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, blend together until combined. Add Sparkling water. FOLD in water, so not whisk, you want to keep the bubbles. Let batter sit for about 10 minutes
- Coat a large nonstick skillet/or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add the pancake batter, use an ice cream scoop! Cook until you see a lot of little bubbles popping up. Turn the pancakes and cook for about 2-3 minutes longer or until lightly browned, these pancakes do take a little longer to cook!
These are pretty dense pancakes, and yet, still light and fluffy! I sprinkled a little cinnamon/powdered sugar of mine. Would be very lovely with blueberries as well!
Nutritional Information: Makes 16 pancakes, (nutritional information for 1 pancake) Calories: 115, Carbs: 17g, Fat: 3g, Protein: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Fiber 4g
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick pray OR use paper muffin liners
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, adding only a little dry at a time, until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter. (I like to use an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (at 400º)
Makes 28 muffins.
Nutritional info: Calories: 172, Carbs: 23g, Fat: 6g, Protein: 3g, Sugar: 15g, Fiber: 2g
If you would like to leave out the chocolate chips (even though dark chocolate is really good for you, for realsys) go ahead, it’s still delicious either way!
Note: I would like to try to make these whole wheat, I would actually do it now, but I am out of whole wheat flour :-/ once I get whole wheat flour, I will let you guys know :-D